Public Speaking Northwest teaches members how to lead while enjoying warm friendships.
Barb, our president, welcomed Pierce, Abe, Ana, Joanne, Jan, Ken, Kathy, Jamie, Kyle, Lynne, Joanne, and Jean.
Pierce, our Toastmaster for the day, used "Persistence" as his theme for the day followed by inspirational thoughts on the word. Pierce is a toastmaster "Pro" and led the meeting well.
Joanne, as Grammarian, chose "Tenacious" as the word that everyone had to use when they spoke today.
Kyle, our First Speaker, spoke about "Persistence in the Game of Disc Golf." His 3 points included:
1. Face the Foe - the golf course and become its friend.
2. Focus on the task at hand. Tell yourself, "I can do this."
3. Realize where you are is where you are. Continually conquer each step and move forward. He ended with a quote, "Talent gets you to the top. Character (persistence) keeps you there."
Jan evaluated Kyle's talk with praise for his use of space, eye contact, organization, and good analogies.
Ken evaluated Joanne and praised her for taking up the challenge to give her first talk, her gestures, storytelling abilities, and her courageous spirit in taking this opportunity to speak.
Kathy, as Table Topics Master, asked Lynne, Ken, Abe, and Jamie seasonal questions about Macy's Parade, football, home decorations, and waiting in the cold for Best Buy's Black Friday store to open its doors.
Lynne, as Sergeant-at-Arms counted the votes for the Blue Ribbon winners.
Ana, our humorist told a super joke about the difference between the words "complete" and "finished."
The Blue Ribbon Winners Are:
Best Speaker: Kyle
Best Evaluator: Ken
Best Table Topics: Abe
Today's photographer was Jan. Thank you Jan!
Picture of the Day!
News We Can Use:
1. Joanne, our newest member, will be our Treasurer in January. Thank you, Joanne!
2. Next Tuesday, December 4th, there will be an Officer's meeting at 11:00 AM.
If you'd like to join us for polishing your presentations, developing leadership skills, and making friends, we welcome you.
We meet every Tuesday from noon to 1:00 PM. You'll find us at the Seattle Times Building in Bothell, Washington ~ 19200 120th Avenue NE. Feel free to bring your lunch.
To find out more contact: Jean Tracy, JeanTracy@KidsDiscuss.com, 425.745.0022.
Jean Tracy, DTM