Public Speaking Northwest
Officer’s Meeting Notes Awaiting Final Approval
July 14, 2026
I. Opening: Meeting attendees: Bill Hinchichs, Jeff Makita, Kelly Falluca, Maria Cubacha ,
- Approve June 9, 2026 Meeting Minutes with changes to bank balance $1311.68 to correct a previously made typo. Approved unanimously.
- Welcome our newest officers, Jeff Makita, Sergeant at Arms and Maria Shneerson, secretary
- Maria Cubacha will mentor Raxit Jani
II. Ongoing/Old Business
Plaques/ Awards: Bill Hinrichs, President
Plaques for Katie and Jean ordered, and DTM pin for Kelly, upon arrival, to be presented at the September 1, 2026 in-person meeting.
Agenda Changes discussion: Maria Cubacha ,
Following up on Katie’s suggestion from May/ June, we have been discussing changes to our PSNW agenda to make it appear more professional. Several ideas have been considered. Maria recently attended a training course on this.
Motion to delay the decision. Approved unanimously.
III. New Business
Name Tags Bill
With new officers in place name tags can be ordered for those who want them through TI INTL. (DTM badge for Kelly).
Maria and Jeff agreed to have Public Speaking Northwest on their tag.
Calendar changes Kelly/ Nancy
Kelly suggested we hold the Halloween party on line date TBD
Discussion to hold Holiday party on Dev 16. Approved by the majority. This will be in the larger room at Brightwater Center.
IV Officers Reports
VP Education and Webmaster: Nancy Carpenter
Webmaster: Our intermittent email distribution list outage hit Theresa about a week or so ago. It fixed itself.
FreeToastHost agenda function was discussed at my training as well. What VPEs found was that people have to log their speeches in FTH and are loath to log them in Pathways because it seems like they already did it. I have been at meetings that use the FTH agenda and I found them to be cluttered with text and very small print. I like what we have, though I should look at what Katie put together for her recent version. She mentioned using blocks, so the text won't be so squirrely.
VPE:
Our final DPR is attached. We accomplished President's Distinguished. Kelly's DTM counts on this one, not our new year.
So far this Toastmaster year, all 2 weeks of it, we have Theresa with a Level 2 in Presentation Mastery.
Mentors: Raxit would like to have either Maria C or Theresa as his mentor. I have inquired which one of them is ready for a new protege. I am about to contact Dhwani and get her going on her search for a mentor and get her oriented.
Membership: Maria Cubacha
July Club Anniversaries: None
June Stats:
New Members | 0 |
Inquiries | 3 |
Mtg Visitors | 5 |
Member removals | 0 |
Since the turn of the month, we have had Raxit join and Dhwani is in the application process.
VP Public Relations: Kelly Falluca
- Social Media
- Facebook: 555 followers • 2 following
- YouTube: 60 subscribers•488 videos
- My DTM is completed and processed. Thank you, Nancy!
- Club Calendar. Sent email regarding additional events for consideration:
- August. I proposed to Bill that if the plaques for Katie and Jean are ready, we could have an in-person awards party on August 4th then online August 11th, celebrating Katie, Jean, my DTM, and all of our club’s educational awards.
- Our holiday celebration in December. We plan to meet in person in the larger room at Brightwater Center on December 1st. We could have the online holiday party December 16th or earlier.
- Halloween party. I believe we decided last year to hold the Halloween party online only, since the first week of October felt too early. Please correct me if I am mistaken.
- Officer Training. I am taking the D2 Officer Training on Wednesday and teaching social media on the 18th to acquire the 3 points needed for officer training.
Treasurer: Deanna Schroeder
Public Speaking Northwest #9406– Treasurer’s Report
1. If anyone has expense receipts, please submit. Our club has one outstanding D2 award ($40) that I can submit for reimbursement from D2
2. Reminder of what club funds can & cannot be used for per TI / D2 guidelines:
YES: meeting materials, photocopies, food/drinks for club meetings, audiovisual equipment, Zoom for online/hybrid meetings, meeting space rental, promotion (ex: Meetup, Facebook ads), recognition items (ex: pins, badges, TI store items), speechcraft program kits
NO: Pathways educational materials, parties/social gatherings, alcohol, scholarships, payment of dues for individuals, donation of money or goods to outside causes
3. The PSNW bank account balance is $1347.28 on 7/13/26.
Secretary/Scribe: Maria
Need access to post reports – resolved after the meeting.
Sergeant at Arms: Jeff Makita
No updates
VI. Adjourn Motion to adjourn: Deanna. Second: Kelly.
No comments:
Post a Comment